- 1 July – Bike Pirates 11th birthday — there might be cake. Maybe. And limeade.
- 1 July – Canada Day Ride With Wavelength. 3pm to ??, Trinity Bellwoods to Humber Bay. More info here: http://www.wavelengthmusic.ca/
- 5 July – Volunteer Orientation. 7:00pm at the shop. Just show up, we’ll be happy to see you, and you, too, can be a Bike Pirate!
- 12 July – Mechanical Orientation. 7:00pm at the shop, probably bike stripping for volunteers.
- 21 July – Craft night. 7:30pm — Silk screen? Buttons? Canvas bags? Mending? Watch the listserve for breaking news!
- 26 July – Monthly Meeting. Pirate governance stuff, but open to anyone who wants to come. What can i say, it’s a meeting. But sometimes we have snacks.
- 28 July – Movie Night (maybe). 7:00pm — aww. c’mon. Of *course* there’ll be movie night. We still haven’t seen The Bicycle Thief, and there’s 6 more episodes of Yowamushi Pedal.
- 31 July - Pedestrian Sunday in Kensington Market. Noon to 6pm. Pirates! In their Pirate-tent! will be doing safety checks, as usual, for cyclists in the Market.
To all keen cyclists and/or party animals, interesting upcoming event!!
The 2015 Toronto Bike Rave will be on Saturday August 8 (that’s tomorrow).
Meet-up at 8:30pm at Christie Pits, southeast corner (Bloor & Christie).
What is Bike Rave? I quote: “Bike Rave is a D.I.Y. event that combines lights with synched music while riding through the streets of Toronto from dance destination to dance destination.
Here is the premise:
Everyone covers their bike with lights, glow sticks, streamers, colour, fuzz etc. and meets at the first meeting location. We will make a playlist, which will be available for download a week before the event. At the meeting location, everyone with a sound system will press play at the same time, and then we ride critical mass style through the city.”
This is the route:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=z-cA8I-ed_Sk.khU7FVLVSTOo You will see places you have never seen on your bike and did not know existed. Or if you did, you won’t recognize them at night. Really!
This is the Playlist: http://zeus.justinbull.ca/bikerave-2015/ Thank you,
Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1647151125497457/
Twitter here: https://twitter.com/torontobikerave
This is how much fun it was last year (and why you should be there this
year, ie, dontcha wish you’d been there last year?):
Youtube — thanks to
- 1.) Diu2g4u — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcZv0h-RN9Q
- 2.) Jamie Weller (my fave) —
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcvBJ57cl9c (OMG, that’s Den at 19:43, and me 19:47 in the light-up bunny ears. Yes!! I am *famous*!!!! Slightly.)
Ahem. Be there or be square.
PS Glow sticks are available , so I hear, at Dollarama. I got mine, plus
the light-up bunny ears and my ultra-cool disco gloves, at Rocket
Fireworks http://www.rocketfireworks.ca/glow-products.html, 14 ADVANCE RD near Kipling. They have other locations, too. But any light-up will do!!