- 1 July – Bike Pirates 11th birthday — there might be cake. Maybe. And limeade.
- 1 July – Canada Day Ride With Wavelength. 3pm to ??, Trinity Bellwoods to Humber Bay. More info here: http://www.wavelengthmusic.ca/
- 5 July – Volunteer Orientation. 7:00pm at the shop. Just show up, we’ll be happy to see you, and you, too, can be a Bike Pirate!
- 12 July – Mechanical Orientation. 7:00pm at the shop, probably bike stripping for volunteers.
- 21 July – Craft night. 7:30pm — Silk screen? Buttons? Canvas bags? Mending? Watch the listserve for breaking news!
- 26 July – Monthly Meeting. Pirate governance stuff, but open to anyone who wants to come. What can i say, it’s a meeting. But sometimes we have snacks.
- 28 July – Movie Night (maybe). 7:00pm — aww. c’mon. Of *course* there’ll be movie night. We still haven’t seen The Bicycle Thief, and there’s 6 more episodes of Yowamushi Pedal.
- 31 July - Pedestrian Sunday in Kensington Market. Noon to 6pm. Pirates! In their Pirate-tent! will be doing safety checks, as usual, for cyclists in the Market.
In addition to our regular Open Shop hours, we have the following special events coming up in July:
Wed 6 July 7pm – Volunteer orientation
Fri 8 July 7pm – Bike build (Pirate volunteers only, but means there should be some used bikes for sale on Saturday July 9)
Sat 9 July noon to 5pm – Pirate Birthday Party (10th? — gosh, we’re not sure!) Come on down for lemonade and cake during our regular Saturday shop hours. Pirate-only bash after shop close.
Wed 13 July 8pm – Mechanical Orientation — focus on old school bottom brackets.
Thurs14 July 6pm – ArtSpin — the shop will close early (6pm) so we can go
Wed 20 July 8pm – Biking Law Seminar — everyone welcome. More info coming soon.
Wed 27 July 7pm – monthly meeting for Pirate volunteers
And here’s this handy Bike Pirates 2016 monthly calendar